The Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (the “Authority”) outlines below, for your reference, the process for submitting registration applications, prior to 1 March 20201 , for funds previously exempted pursuant to section 4(4) of the Mutual Funds Law (2020 Revision).
The following information is required to be provided, via email to the Authority (registrations@CIMA.ky):
1. Application Form (APP-101-22a); https://www.cima.ky/investment-fundsforms
2. Application Fee – CI$ 3002 ;
3. Certificate of Incorporation/Registration (as applicable);
4. Offering Memorandum/Summary of Terms/Marketing Material (as applicable);
5. Confirmation that majority of investors have the power to appoint/remove the operator(s) (Constitutional documents/Resolution/Offering memorandum etc.);
6. Administrator’s letter of consent (optional); and
7. Auditor’s letter of consent (if available).
IMPORTANT: Effective 1 March 2020, all registration applications are to be submitted via the REEFS portal using the applicable REEFS form. Registration applications can be submitted by any local service provider appointed to the fund that has REEFS access.
Be the first to know about releases and industry news and insights.