The framework for the Monetary Authority's regulation and supervision of financial services and for its international cooperation is made up of several elements. These include:
- the applicable laws and regulations passed by the Government of the Cayman Islands;
- the rules and statements of principle and of guidance issued by the Authority;
- the regulatory policies and procedures detailed in the Regulatory Handbook and other manuals;
- the cross-border agreements undertaken by the Authority, and
- the international standards to which CIMA adheres.